Thursday 3 February 2011

Bermuda: lourobbo's kitchen

What do you associate with Bermuda? Blue skies, turquoise seas, big boats and rich leathery sunseekers? The mysteries of the Bermuda Triangle?

I would hazard a guess that it's probably not "Poor man's kedgeree".

But that's what I decided to cook for Bermuda. I may come back and add to this country if I manage to find some Gosling's black seal rum to make dark 'n' stormys (Santa's suggestion, thanks!).

Unfortunately, I didn't have the time to source some nice fresh ingredients for a chowder, the more traditionally recognised recipe from this island. But a quick search of the internet came up with a few other common dishes....and kedgeree seemed to hit the spot for our Sunday brunch.

 


The main components - rice, peas, smoked haddock and eggs. It was extremely simple to cook and assemble. Overall,  this was a lovely hearty filling dish and I'd definitely make this again.

No comments:

Post a Comment