Wednesday 21 July 2010

I had an idea for a new challenge

....and I don't think it was necessarily an original one. But it seemed like a good idea anyway. And I had probably had a few glasses of wine when I decided to give it a go.

Using the Lonely Planet Travel Book as a definitive list of countries, I wanted to attempt to sample the cuisine from each of those places, without leaving London. Actually, without leaving the confines of the M25.

Hopefully, this would mostly be in restaurants. Say, once a week or so. But, in the event that no such establishment could be found for a particular country, I'd attempt to cook something traditional at home. And just to add another dimension, let's do this in alphabetical order. From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe

Everyone said "Great idea.....could I come along when you reach Vietnam?". That should be sometime around the end of 2013.

Pictures of our foodie expedition will be posted here on my flickr site:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/louiserobinson/sets/72157624546815866/

There are a mere 231 countries/principalities/constituent parts included in the Travel Book! The culinary journey round London starts here...

2 comments:

  1. I know some Ecuadorian restaurants in London I can recommend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool, thanks Jon. Come and join us for Ecuador. We might get to E by about the middle of next year!

    ReplyDelete